At MassDOT, transportation is not about roads and bridges, or trains and buses – it is about people. Our mission begins with customers – individuals, businesses, municipalities, and regional transit agencies. We support programs and projects that deliver a high return on investment. MassDOT supports the economic, quality of life, and environmental goals of the Commonwealth.
Supporting the Office of the Secretary and reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Executive Research Assistant Co-op will be responsible for conducting research projects, both ad-hoc and longer term. The Chief Administrative Office is responsible for human resources, labor relations, diversity, IT, finance, procurement, and general operational issues, which will be the focus of this role. Secondary research will be conducted for the Chief Administrative Officer for a variety of public administration, organizational management, and transportation industry related topics. A successful applicant needs to be very detail-oriented, proactive, and organized. It is also critical to be able to write and communicate effectively in a concise and business oriented manner as well as to be able to work constructively across the agency’s varied divisions and departments. The focus of this co-op will be thinking and writing for an executive level team along with the research projects conducted.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct secondary research using publicly available, but reliable, sources on a variety of topics.
- Write up research in a concise, fact based manner.
- Create slide decks or presentations of information from varied sources, including meeting notes, research, or subject matter experts.
- Organization of meetings and calls, including scheduling, research, and creation of meeting documents.
- Respond to Chief Administrative Officer’s ad-hoc inquiries and requests via email.
- Other duties as required by the Chief Administrative Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Comfort with data and data analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects based on priorities of the team.
- Ability to work effectively within the executive office team.
- Solution-oriented attitude, with excellent time management and organizational skills; strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Interest in a career in public administration and management.
- Enrollment in a graduate level program preferred.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Alaina Seitz, Human Resources Specialist, at email@example.com.