An agency on the move, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) takes great pride in connecting the Commonwealth’s residents and communities. Powered by a growing data-analytics discipline – and working in conjunction with municipalities, public agencies and the private sector – we’re finding new ways to improve the Bay State’s transportation infrastructure.
Engineering co-ops assigned to the Ratings and Overloads Unit of the Highway Division – Bridge Section may assist MassDOT engineers in the following areas:
- Performing calculations related to the development of applied loads, section properties, and capacities related to bridge structures.
- Assist with the development of analysis models of bridge structures to perform load ratings.
- Assist with the review and performance of overload permit vehicle route analysis using a variety of software.
- Assist with the review of load rating reports and calculations developed by consultants and MassDOT personnel.
- Excellent analytical skills are essential.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Excel, and MathCAD is strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of statics, dynamics, and mechanics of materials.
- Graduate students enrolled in a related program such as Civil (Structural) or Mechanical Engineering, or Bachelor students who have completed a minimum of three years of study.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Alaina Seitz, Human Resources Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.