We provide Managed Services to approximately 120 different corporations in a growing business. We manage over 4000 desktops, 400 Servers and over 200 office locations. Our staff is energetic, professional and extremely knowledgeable. If you think you can thrive in a fast-paced IT Service environment with cutting edge technology, then this is the internship for you. We provide you the platform for hands on learning to compliment your education as an information technology professional. Our internships run on your schedule. We are located on the North Shore of Boston in Ipswich Massachusetts. Hours are Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
• Takes users issues and requests via phone, email, and Self-Service Ticketing System. Logs the issues requests into the Help Desk Tracking System then either resolves or escalates to the appropriate resource.
• First level troubleshooting of laptops, desktops, servers, network related or attached systems.
• Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems.
• Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
• Replaces defective or inadequate software packages.
• Maintain Active directory user account and security consistency.
• Service external customers effectively; log and track customer support requests
• Escalate and redirect Help Desk Incidents to the appropriate internal technical resources
• Install, troubleshoot, and repair PC hardware and Operating Systems; Troubleshoot MS and Enterprise software application issues.
• Provide support for LAN, remote (VPN, RDP, Citrix) access, and resolve basic Email connectivity issues.
• Installation and maintenance of Windows based PC/Laptops in an enterprise environment.
• Troubleshooting, configuring of desktop components, and assisting with physical installations of Desktops, Laptops, and Thin clients.
• Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
• Installing software patches as needed and eradicating spyware/viruses.
• Setup and troubleshooting of print servers and queues.
• Assists with upgrade implementations, application support, and network infrastructure expansions.
• Performs preventive maintenance and repairs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Sense of Urgency: IT issues usually start at the IT help desk. Must understand and direct the team to address issues by the required SLA timeline. There are times where critical business functions depend on IT products and services working as soon as possible.
• Communication: There are always multiple activities and projects working simultaneously where clear and concise communication is necessary to avoid confusion.
• Customer Focus: The IT Helpdesk and Tech Support teamexists to support our customers, the internal computer users. We will provide the level of service that insures as little down time as possible for the business.
• Teamwork: The IT Operations team consists of several local and remote resources where a team atmosphere is of the utmost importance to be able to work as one group spread out at various locations.
• Soft Skills: The ability to engage customers verbally in a professional manner