JM Electrical is an industry leader specializing in HVAC Controls, Building Automation Systems and Security System installations. Working in many of New England’s high-profile developments requires highly-trained, dedicated and motivated industry professionals who can deliver our services safely and reliably to our valued customers.
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting with project management decisions affecting the size and application of our workforce, project scheduling, pricing and materials management.
This position assists with the development of job quotes/estimates for customers, field workforce management as well as customer relations and general project management. The Assistant Project Manager also directly interfaces with the foremen, journeymen and apprentices.
- Work closely with project executives and project managers
- Estimate new jobs and projects
- Estimate manpower requirements
- Prepare quotations for delivery to customers and coordinate project installations
- Compare estimates to the actual scope of work
- Assist in maintaining change order logs
- Review and interpret submittals for field foremen
- Prepare equipment installation schedules and material submittals
- Closeout jobs
- Provide OM Manuals to customers as required
- Provide labor and material breakdowns to foremen
- Track job progress, issues and problems
- Post job review and report
- Support of administrative functions (accounting)