mplementing a design of experiments (DOE) process development approach for injection molding medical devices.
– Learn Jabil Healthcare’s NPI New Mold Validation Process
– Work with Jabil HC Engineers to learn about injection molding tools and technology
– Attend Design of Experiments (DOE) for Injection Molding Training
– Determine 2 or 3 molds that will be validated during the term of the internship, and plan process development DOEs
– Share approach and results with NPI Engineering Team
– Completion of Training Checklist (Combined classroom, computer, job shadowing and hands on training)
– Obtain Design of Experiments (DOE) for Injection Molding Training Certificate
– Evidence of 2 or 3 DOEs performed, lessons learned and analysis
– A3 continuous improvement project completed
– Work instructions on how to perform DOE Process Development
The NPI Tooling Engineering Team is responsible for onboarding new Injection Molds. This consists of ensuring the new molds meet our customers specifications, developing a robust process, performing validation testing, generating process binders and work instructions, and delivering a production ready tool to operations.
The NPI Tooling Engineering Team also leads several continuous improvement projects to drive cost savings and improve the quality of products manufactured by Jabil Healthcare.
At Jabil Healthcare, we see the Internship program as a pipeline for future talent. We expect our interns to come in ready to work, and eager to learn. We do our best to provide the best internship experience, combining job shadowing, hands on training, and exposure to our company culture. In return, we expect a large ambitious project to be driven to completion.