System Engineering Intern / Co-op
Intact Insurance is currently seeking undergraduate or graduate students who are technically savvy and interested in learning from a successful IT team.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be a member of an Agile Scrum team and experience the full systems development life cycle on a variety of applications. These are full-time paid 2021 Summer Co-ops / Internships located in Canton, MA.
- As a of the system engineering team you will help in support the infrastructure, servers and tools that allow us to deliver quality software.
- Diagnose and fix problems as they arise.
- Support SME’s in expansion and building of our DevOps tooling, processes and pioneer solutions
- Communicate appropriately to a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical, across the company.
- Learn as much as you can.
- Competency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Some relational databases experienceAbility to understand engineering practices
- Understanding of tables, views, stored procedures, and keys
- Experience with Java and integration tools is preferred
- Understanding of both linx and windows a plus
Nice to have experience:
- Object Oriented Programming
- Source Control
- Continuous Integration
- Reporting Tools
Corporate – IT
Location – Canton, MA or Farmington, CT
Throughout the United States, Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions’ underwriting companies offer a broad range of specialty insurance products through independent agencies, regional and national brokers, wholesalers and managing general agencies. Each business is managed by an experienced team of specialty insurance professionals focused on a specific customer group or industry segment, and providing distinct products and tailored coverages and services. Targeted solutions include group accident and health; commercial and contract surety; entertainment; environmental; excess property; financial institutions; financial services; inland marine; management liability; ocean marine; public entities; technology; and tuition refund. For further information about U.S. products and services visit: intactspecialty.com.