This individual will be responsible for implementing small server and networking projects, documenting current configurations, and verifying monitoring of server and network infrastructure. This position will work closely with the Helpdesk to troubleshoot end user issues with server and network access and perform day to day maintenance procedures.
- General administration of Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat), Microsoft Windows Server, and Cisco Networks.
- Monitoring and reporting of operating system, application performance, and network equipment.
- Ensure all systems are being properly backed up.
- Create and maintain necessary documentation on systems and processes.
- Maintaining/repairing all infrastructure components in concert with the appropriate vendors in order to provide 100% availability of service.
- Creating and developing plans and projects for upgrades, patches, optimization opportunities.
- Implement automation for repetitive tasks where possible.
- Work as an effective member of the IT team with oversight from senior members of the team.
- Work with senior members of the team to complete after hours changes and maintenance as required.
- Other duties, as required.