Infinite Cooling is an award-winning startup company and our mission is simple: to mitigate the water scarcity around the world. We help power plants and other industrial processes reduce their water consumption and water treatment costs by recovering water from their cooling tower exhausts. We are a small 4-person team based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we are on a mission to be a global leader in the water services industry for industry.
We are looking for a sharp, tenacious and creative mechanical engineer to join our team and work on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning. Since we are a small team you will be reporting directly to the CTO and will have opportunities to grow with the company. Success in this role is measured by consistently hitting and exceeding targets for design and prototyping and building custom-made mechanical systems within customer deadlines.
What you will do:
• Design and build experimental prototypes.
• Come up with new structural designs for the system and test their efficiency numerically and experimentally.
• Ensure compliance with codes.
• Select materials and parts for products.
• Model complex fluid dynamics phenomena.
• Analyze and design complex heat transfer systems.
• Analyze static and dynamic loads.
• Effectively document all aspects of design.
• Act as a subject matter expert, providing technical support to the rest of the team.
• Assist in the development of project delivery schedules including providing man-hour estimates.
• Lead team discussions on different alternatives to solve complex business problems.
• Create and execute design verification testing plans.