Short Company Profile: HTS Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 16 offices in the US and Canada. Direct Expansion Solutions (DXS) is an independent company that is part of the HTS group of companies. DXS specializes exclusively in low carbon / net zero variable refrigerant flow (VRF) air conditioning and heating systems.
HTS and DXS New England both currently have co-op placements available for driven and outgoing individuals. By joining HTS or DXS, you will be challenged to learn quickly and independently as you dive into HVAC and VRV equipment selections, equipment layouts, pricing and quotations under the guidance of an experienced salesperson. If you successfully advance into future internship terms or to a full-time position with HTS or DXS, you will get involved in site visits, design sessions, job closings, talking to customers directly, customer entertainment and more.
DXS and HTS take great pride in its mentorship approach to learning which provides valuable hands-on learning. Those students that thrive in this type of working/learning environment often become full-time outside sales people.
DXS/HTS is looking for individuals who:
- Have an entrepreneurial drive and desire to succeed
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Enjoy talking to others, building new relationships, interacting with suppliers, customers and coworkers
- Are proficient with all basic MS software, and have the ability to learn new desktop and web based software quickly
- Have an engineering background and have an interest in HVAC equipment and systems
- An independent work environment in a small team comprised of experienced engineers
- An impressive roster of learning opportunities:
- The construction industry, the bid & spec and design build procurement processes, the positions and responsibilities of owners, developers, project managers, architects, consulting engineers, general contractors, sub-contractors, manufacturer’s representatives and manufacturers in the construction process
- HVAC systems and equipment
- The genuine and co-operative sales approach
What’s in it for you:
- A young, dynamic, and challenging work environment
- An opportunity to become a candidate for a full-time outside salesperson