Note: HealthEdge co-ops do not begin before June 1. For mandatory co-op credit, student will need to enroll in 4699 or have an alternative co-op arrangement until June 1.
Title: Data Engineering Intern
Dates: June 1st, 2021-August 20th, 2021
Location: Burlington, MA/virtual
HealthEdge offers a paid internship program that lasts for 12 weeks each summer. The program allows students to learn about working in a software company and the different departments that collaborate to make our customers successful. Interns selected will work within their specific job function but also have seminars weekly that offer exposure to all departments at HealthEdge: Engineering, Marketing, Finance, IT Operation, Product Management, and Customer Support. In addition, interns will participate in workshops focused on resume writing, professional networking, interview preparation, and many more. There will also be some exciting social outings and volunteer opportunities throughout the summer. Our goal is to have our interns leave with practical and applicable experience to build out their professional portfolio, meet some great connections and have some fun along the way!
- Assist the team with building modern data visualizations.
- Support multi-tenant Data Lakes.
- Optimize Data Pipelines for efficiency across multiple ingest pipes.
- Learn core capabilities to Ingestion, Egress and data transformation.
- Participate in additional transformational architecture initiatives.
- Experience with Apache Open Source technologies such as Kafka, Spark SQL, NiFi, Sqoop, Scala, Java.
- Self-starter who is very organized.
- Go-getter, Quick learner, Inquisitive.
- Detail-oriented .
- Excellent written and verbal communication.