Reporting to the Director of Facilities Management the Facilities Operations Coordinator will provide superior customer service and perform a broad range of administrative duties to support to the successful management of all GSD spaces. The Facilities Operations Coordinator plays a key role in coordinating multiple activities within GSD, focusing primarily on facilities and operations, budget and finance, administrative support, and short-term and long-term strategic projects.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Facilities and Operations:
· Coordinate student work performing studies to examine fit-outs at the school. Provides scope review to Dir FM before projects proceed.
· Collaborate with faculty and staff to implement furniture standards to provide compliant and productive workstations
· Serve as primary contact for furniture questions and vendor relations.
· Assist with office move logistics.
· Maintain as-built documentation in GSD/university data base and provide accurate and current space metrics for planning.
· Accumulates and updates space location information for all GSD spaces
· Works with Dir FM to gather and organize space, budget, other information for planning and decision making.
· Assists with development of space standards.
· Tracks projects - creates and disseminates progress reports to relevant stakeholders, highlighting status changes, budget variances or schedule delays.
· Schedules student staffing for Building Services and information desk.
· Assists with managing building work order software (DMS) to ensure work and maintenance requests are assigned, addressed and completed on time. Creates metrics to support decisions on preventive maintenance efforts.
· Coordinates facilities signage program to keep current signage up to date.
· Maintains legacy phone system to support remaining fire alarm, etc capacity.
· Serve as back-up for CCure card access system, Victor Security Camera, and Onsite Guard Management System.
Budget and Finance:
· Processes invoices and reviews Purchasing Card transactions.
· Advises department on university financial policies and procedures.
· Processes student and temporary payroll.
· Ensures expenses have proper approvals.
· Coordinates with GSD finance and Harvard central finance as necessary to successfully implement department needs.
· Maintains updated list of operating projects with operations supervisor, reconciles invoices to quotes and budgets and facilitates prompt payment.
· Assists Dir FM in budget development and quarterly budget review.
· Reviews operating and capital budgets monthly. Coordinates with department colleagues to determine if journal reclassifications are required. advises department colleagues in correct coding use.
· Weekly Review of invoices of with Director of Facilities Management.
· Monthly Review of Custodial and Room Rental charges, and Journal accordingly for cost recovery.
· Orders and approves supplies for department team.
· Assists with room scheduling.
· Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
· Hires and oversees scheduling of student employees, which includes office support, lobby receptionist, Facilities Management co-op, Architecture co-op, and commencement clean-up crew.
· Train and Oversee workload for all student employees.
· Coordinates the work of vendors.
• HS Diploma or equivalent required
• Three + years of experience in facilities operations and/or administrative support.
• Proficiency with Microsoft products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
• Proficiency with autocad
• Solid working knowledge of office processes and business policy development
• College degree preferred
• Experience with Harvard financial systems preferred.
• Interior design and/or budget experience a plus.
• Attention to detail for repetitive tasks as listed in the Duties and Responsibilities.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills; should be friendly and approachable, high energy and have an outgoing personality.
• Must have a client service orientation; should be extremely customer focused on both internal and external customers and enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds; flexible with a high sense of accountability and responsibility to get the job done on time, doing whatever it takes to achieve client satisfaction.
How to Apply
click on external job seeker and search on requisition #47246BR
upload cover letter and resume and complete the external gateway questions