332059 Construction/Proj Managmnt
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manages the project delivery process for various renovation and infrastructure upgrade projects through the design, construction and close-out phases of the project.
• Facilitates communication throughout project, particularly during transition from one phase to the next.
• Develops and maintains project schedules and budgets for the spaces detailed above from planning through project closeout for inclusion in overall project documentation.
• Communicates efficiently and effectively with the Director or Senior Project Manager on issues affecting project program, quality, budget, scope, timeline or delivery.
• Participates in the Owner-Architect-Contractor meetings to review construction progress and quality.
• Monitors, systematizes, recommends and reports on all change proposals and monitors impact on project schedules and budgets.
• Responsible for project quality control systems for the spaces detailed above. Manages contracts for select owner required specialty consulting for audio visual, shielding, vibration/acoustics and others as necessary.
• Reviews and coordinates reviews of all submittals to ensure expeditious processing.
• Observes all on site tests required by the contract documents and coordinates testing activities by agents retained by the Owner.
• Observes and reviews the contractor’s record drawings and reports any apparent failure by the contractor to maintain records.
• Arranges and monitors the timely and orderly project closeout activities.
• Works with consultants and operations personnel to prepare a punch-list for the contractor, and ensure punch-list items have been addressed appropriately.
• Helps sustains an environment that fosters teamwork, excellence, respect, accountability and diversity.
• Reviews and recommends for payment, project invoices within appropriate signing authority. Reviews and recommends course of action for all project invoices that fall outside approved signing authority level.
• Responsible for project cost control. Monitors project monthly cash flow projections.
• Provides budget updates, reviews proposed change orders and discusses project budget issues with the Director as needed.
• Guides design decisions by stakeholders to maintain the project scope within the approved scope and budget.
• Coordinates and takes part in the value engineering process.
• Together with other members of the project team, coordinates submissions to jurisdictional authorities for permitting. Ensures compliance with regulations and all authorities having jurisdiction. Arranges for all jurisdictional authorities’ inspection necessary to secure the Certificate of Occupancy in an expeditious manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 8 years managing design and construction projects, preferably in a higher education setting.
• Bachelor's degree required. Concentration in a technical field (engineering or architecture) related to construction, project management or the equivalent preferred
Field experience on construction sites is desirable.
Design and construction of LEED certified buildings
Familiarity with design and construction processes.
Familiarity with City, State, and Federal codes and ordinances.
Ability to develop and maintain project budgets, cash flow projections and schedules.
Skills in interpreting architectural and construction contracts.
Ability to negotiate and resolve confrontational issues as they arise.
Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse organization.