The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
· Maintain equipment with QA in mind to ensure quality and safety of all food products.
· Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
· Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
· Inspect or test damaged machine parts and mark defective areas or advise supervisors of repair needs.
· Diagnose electro /machinal problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments to machinery.
· Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair, using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, cranes, or hoists.
· Maintain equipment, parts, and supply inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
· Responsible for reporting food safety and quality issues to a person with responsibility to initiate action
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
• English Speaking
• Working Technical knowledge of production machinery
• Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail
• Ability to problem solve any arising issues in a calm and collected manner
• 2+ Years experience working in a similar capacity within the food industry
• Must share in Golden Cannoli Shells Company, Inc. values: Honesty, Integrity and respect for customers, vendors, fellow employees and visitors
• Mechanical and technical skills that can contribute to process and equipment improvement
• Frying knowledge a plus
• Spanish / Portuguese / Bi-lingual a plus
• Proficient computer skills including Word and Excel