Under direct supervision, will:
• Define, specify, manage, and execute manufacturing processes and improvements.
• Design, fabricate, procure, implement and validate manufacturing fixtures, tools and equipment.
• Directly support proactive safety, product launch, and continuous improvement manufacturing initiatives.
• Troubleshoot process issues and assist maintenance in the repair of down equipment.
• Develop and document new and existing lean manufacturing cells with the appropriate processes, fixtures, and tooling to allow the cell associates to meet daily SQDIP targets.
• Act as a EHS (Safety) champion at daily management meetings. Complete actions and improvements through the use of “daily kaizens” within a value stream team.
• Specify test equipment, operation methods, processes, and tooling for manufacture and assembly of products in a lean manufacturing environment.
• Design, fabricate, and/or procure manufacturing fixtures and tooling.
• Troubleshoot assembly and test issues as well as perform failure analysis for existing and new products.
• Help analyze performance of operations in relation to design specifications, cycle time, and test output. Modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
• Cooperate closely with Design Engineering, Launch Engineering, Quality and Production Management to ensure the optimum process design for quality products.
• Attend and support pilot runs for new product introductions.
• Research new processes to improve operator safety, first pass yield, on-time delivery, and cost reduction.
• Assist with structured problem solving, failure mode effect analysis, and root cause / corrective actions to protect customers and improve existing process yields.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
Bachelors degree. Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering preferred.
1-3 years experience as a Mechanical/Manufacturing or Process Engineer in a manufacturing environment or previous co-operative or internship education experience in a manufacturing environment.
How to Apply