The VDC Coordinator is responsible for creating building information models (BIMs) to be used in pre-construction and throughout the construction process.
- Read and interpret architecture, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and fire suppression drawings.
- Assist pre-construction and construction teams with their use of 2D/3D models to develop and communicate construction plans.
- Gather relevant information to compile, maintain, and distribute building information models, while adhering to established workflows, standards, and deadlines.
- Lead building systems coordination and clash detection meetings to validate the design and help resolve issues.
- Problem-solves difficult construction-related coordination issues.
- Perform laser scans of existing conditions.
Perform laser scans of existing conditions.
Candidates must possess:
Experience with AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit Architecture and MEP or other Construction Software
Experience with VDC or BIM using Revit is desirable
Knowledge in Autodesk Revit, NavisWorks & AutoCAD
Basic knowledge of construction processes and procedures
Advanced PC skills, specifically Microsoft Windows Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
Completed coursework in Construction, Architecture or an equivalent combination of training and or work experience.
BIM knowledge and interest in working with Construction Technology