Founded in 1960, Fitzemeyer & Tocci is a growing Massachusetts mechanical and electrical engineering firm. We specialize in designing innovative solutions for many of the leading institutions and businesses in New England. If you’re looking for an opportunity to align yourself with an established firm while working with state-of-the-art computer technology in a friendly, informal work atmosphere, then F&T is your place to shine!
F&T takes the co-op program extremely seriously and gives our co-ops the freedom and autonomy to learn and grow. We have welcomed back co-ops for multiple semesters and hired many of our Wentworth students for full-time positions after graduation.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Co-op to join our team for Fall 2019.
The Co-op provides the work force which produces most of the firm’s work. A Co-op is assigned specific tasks on project teams and is expected to use his/her education, intelligence, and common sense to resolve the engineering problems and tasks he/she is assigned. More experienced staff are always available to help when the Co-op needs assistance.
TYPICAL DUTIES: The following duties are typical of the position but are not all encompassing. Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
1. Makes calculations using engineering formulas and skills for design, such as heating and cooling loads, lighting calculations, power distribution calculations and equipment sizing.
2. Lays out portions of branch circuitry based on schematic layout by Project Engineer.
3. Is encouraged to try to solve engineering problems using experience, judgment and education, but is expected to ask for assistance when needed.
4. Works under the direction of the Project Engineer/Lead Project Engineer, and informs them of work load.
5. Is expected to become proficient in the use of a computer for design and CAD/BIM applications
6. Researches design options and document findings for Project Engineer
7. Researches panel and terminal equipment selection from catalogs
8. Completes CAD/BIM mark ups
9. Provides information to Project Engineer for incorporation into specifications.
10. Participates and assists in field surveys
11. Assists in the design and selection of terminal fixtures
12. Produces construction documents including circuiting
13. Provides drawing/model setup
14. Reviews shop drawings.
15. Organizes and maintains project files.
16. Assures that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards.
17. Edits word-processing documents and understand procedures for file saving, retrieving, and transferring.
18. Maintains a neat and organized work area, which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members.
Limits of Authority: Has authority to perform moderately complex design duties, which are checked for accuracy by others. May not exceed budgeted hours on task without approval of Team Leader. May not change the scope of work nor deviate from any part of the design narrative without Lead Project Engineers approval.
Relationship to Others: Works directly for the assigned Mentor or Project Engineer according to assignment. Works under supervision. Ability to communicate with project team to minimize misunderstanding and conflicts. Promote coordination and cooperation of in-house project.
F&T offers a challenging and fun environment with ample learning opportunities for our students. We have great company events and results driven culture. Our office has a free gym and 3 dining facilities. Join us!
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Experience in a technical and administrative capacity; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Working towards a Bachelor of Science in engineering required.
3. BIM/CAD course work or experience or related co-op preferred.
4. Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices relating to appropriate discipline, including both design and construction.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
6. Ability to learn quickly.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and clients.
8. Must be capable of working within a project team as defined in the F-T functional model.
9. Understanding and knowledge of applicable codes.
10. Keeps current on the 'State of the Art' in their design specialty through review of periodicals and in continuing education.