Everytown for Gun Safety is hiring a Social Media Campaigner to be a lead writer and producer of our social media presence for @StudentsDemand Action channels. The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer who loves keeping up with social media innovations and has a keen sense for how content is consumed and shared online. The position will be based in our New York City office and will report to the Director of Social Media.
You Must Be Able to:
Create timely, engaging content
- Write, edit, and curate organic social content that’s tailored for the specific needs of each social media platform.
- Coordinate with the Director on rapid response. Monitor breaking news and current events to create compelling, fact-checked, up-to-the-minute social media content.
- Plan organic social media campaigns to support organizational priorities, and update our content calendar.
- Translate organizational research and expertise into public education and advocacy content.
Interrogate and innovate
- Pitch new ideas.
- Actively investigate ways to improve engagement and try new features on social media platforms, including emerging social media outlets.
- Test best practices and assumptions to make sure we’re doing what works best for our audience.
- Report on progress towards social media goals and assist in developing testing priorities.
- Maintain fluency in digital content best practices, including social media best practices.
- Work with Students Demand Action field team and members to reflect their work and campaigns on social media.
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues across departments, and recommend social media strategies to support their projects and enhance their programs.
- Identify supporters who are strong creators and plan moments to feature user-generated content.
- Collaborate with the creative team to brainstorm assets, which the creative team will produce.
You Should Have:
- 1+ years of experience managing social media for media, non-profit, or electoral organizations is preferred.
- Outstanding writing, proofreading and fact-checking ability.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities under pressure with strong attention to details.
- Comprehensive understanding of the social media landscape and demonstrated creativity in developing innovative social media strategies.
- Ability to work collaboratively with interdepartmental teams.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, newsroom-like environment within a growing, diverse team with unpredictable hours.
- Self-motivated; able to own projects and execute in a timely manner
The salary for this position is $58,500 annually.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Candidates who are members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.