If you’re a self-starter ready to find and seize opportunity, you’ll find the support and resources here to truly thrive. ESI Waterproofing and Masonry Restoration, Inc. is the leading provider of construction and maintenance services throughout the Greater Boston Area.
ESI is looking for a full-time, Assistant Project Estimator who is fueled by collaboration and relationship building. You will be working closely with our clients, subcontractors, and vendors to prepare proposals and negotiate work in a fast-paced, client driven environment. You will take ownership of your work, finding ways to work through barriers, and excellent business judgement.
DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SPECS?
- A client-first mentality where everything you do is done with the intention of creating strong client relationships.
- A self-starter with a deep desire to grow and continuously learn; easily adapts to new processes and technologies.
- Unquestionable character with high level of integrity
- Possess solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possess high-standards across the board- from your own contributions to the people you work with to the projects you work on.
- Goal-oriented with strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Create Project Estimates
- Complete quantity takeoffs and summations of materials
- Solicit trade partners, obtain bid estimates and time projections for preparing vendor proposal comparisons and estimate summary sheets.
- Help in preparing, organizing, and coordinating Request for Proposal documents and schedules, utilizing schedule information to estimate General Contractor’s and other schedule-driven items.
- Determine all pricing options and the appropriate price for the project.
- Support ESI’s Lead Estimator in data input into estimating software program(s)
- Perform archive filing and historical cost data gathering.
- Participate in plan and estimate review meetings, other project review meetings, and site investigations, as needed
- Support lead estimator in gathering information from local government and private entities that may affect project (i.e. permits, hearings, etc.)
- Help manage Addendum log and documents from customers/clients
- Provide direction to new Estimators and Engineers as they join the team
- Solicit new bidders when needed, and gather necessary documents for inclusion in future projects.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or similar or equivalent experience
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Applicable mathematical skills
- Familiarity with building/estimating techniques and software: ISqFt, ICE/Bid2Win, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Bluebeam/PDF, Google Earth
- Prepare detailed and accurate labor, materials, and equipment takeoffs.
- Complete detailed cost estimates for projects small and large
- Collaborate with construction managers, engineers, vendors, and personnel from other departments to discuss and formulate estimates.
- Build and maintain customer and vendor relationships.
- Review documents to develop a clear and detailed understanding of project scope.
- Work closely with our Head Estimator and Operations Team to relay key project scope information during proposal review meetings and at project turnovers.
- Solicit subcontractor and vendor pricing and ensures scope inclusion.
- Assist in the maintenance of bid documents (plans, specs, RFI, addenda, quotes and proposals)
- Procure best pricing for subs and vendors, review quotes for accuracy and compliance with bid documents.
- Identify project risks and opportunities and bring them to team for review.