Patriot Foundry & Castings (www.patriotfoundry.com) provides non-ferrous castings to a growing list of clients and industries, providing significant career growth opportunities across our companies. Patriot is part of the CaneKast (www.canekast.com) family of companies including Ermak Foundry and Machining (www.ermak.com) and RDS Dock Hardware (www.rdsdockhardware.com), providing small business customer service with the cutting-edge technology of a large company. The group is actively acquiring additional businesses and growing organically, having nearly quadrupled in sales the past four years.
We are on a mission every day to provide quality products, on-time, to customers looking for a local supplier. We are a stable, established company with the mindset of a start-up, within an industry that has been around for thousands of years. We pride ourselves in having a good, fast-paced working environment where teamwork and the best ideas are incorporated into solving customer problems. With over 50 years of experience, combined with the flexibility and growth of a new firm, the company provides customers with a unique set of technologies and solutions that include sand castings, permanent mold/gravity-fed die cast, CNC machining, 3D printing/additive manufacturing, and other value-add services in addition to end user products.
Patriot is looking for a candidate to assist product management for the RDS business, and help with operational duties for the rest of the company. The person should be curious and self-driven, willing to roll up their sleeves and take on whatever problem needs to be solved. One minute this may be talking with customers on how to install a dock, the next ensuring parts are boxed up for expedited shipping, and the one after that directing the marketing company to upgrade the website. The foundry and product line has 30+ years of history in the upper New England area and is ready to be scaled across the country. In this role the candidate will be responsible for ensuring operations go smoothly and the plans for the business and product line are executed. Many additional projects will be completed as needed, potentially including work instructions/processes, 3D product/tooling scanning, ERP/CRM ownership, manufacturing throughput analyses, and additive manufacturing integration.
A can-do attitude, the desire to work in a team-focused, fast-paced environment, and a continuous improvement mindset are key.
Patriot – Engineering/Marketing Intern – Role Responsibilities
· Aid the RDS product manager with customer, channel, and market research
· Provide ERP/CRM support for the Patriot and RDS businesses
· Provide customer/technical support to distributors, installers, and end users
· Assist with the production and packaging of Patriot and RDS on an as needed basis
· Collaborate with marketing firms to develop content and promote the product
· Deliver sales tools, application notes, and/or technical guidelines for the RDS products
· Be an expert on product positioning and competitor’s capabilities
· Support as needed overall operations for the business, especially in the dock offseason
Patriot – Engineering/Marketing Intern – Qualifications
· Minimum of some other work experience preferred, specific type not required
· Progressing towards Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business/Entrepreneurship preferred but not required
· Self-motivated with strong drive to achieve business objectives
· Strong verbal, written & presentation communication skills
· Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data to make decisions