Introduction to Engineered Sales and the roles of a Manufacturers’ Representative
The Inside Sales Specialist (ISS) is a key member within a team of sales professionals who are well trained and knowledgeable in their support of Emerson Swan’s national recognition as a leader in representing and stocking products of plumbing and heating manufacturers. The ISS maintains regular communication with the customer base (wholesaler, contractor, building owner and building industry professional) and Emerson Swan’s Outside Sales group. The ISS must frequently assess customer needs and manufacturers’ market share to provide what is necessary for excellent customer and manufacturer performance. The most current technical knowledge and marketing strategies are necessary for the ISS and are provided through regular internal training and industry programs. The ISS reports to the Inside Sales Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Sales support for one or more outside salespeople and building a relationship with a specific customer base.
2. Quoting of jobs or equipment as required and maintaining specific jobs in the Project Management System.
3. Generating buy prices for specific projects.
4. Generating submittals as required for specific projects or quotes.
5. Answering telephones and emails to field questions pertaining to:
· Expediting orders
· Parts pricing
· Technical product issues
· Taking orders for parts and whole goods
· Research of files to answer customer questions
6. Entering orders to be dropped shipped from the factory or shipped from inventory
7. Working with vendors to identify parts and determine lead times for referral to the customer.
8. Working with vendor software to make product selections for projects and quotes.