Electrochem, an Integer company, is a leading provider of commercial power solutions specializing in critical applications where energy demands are high, operating environments are extreme, and the cost of failure is significant. Founded in 1979, Electrochem was born from the lithium battery developed for the implantable pacemaker by Wilson Greatbatch. Electrochem designs solutions as unique as our customers’ applications
Electrochem offers a wide range of customized rechargeable and non-rechargeable power solutions for critical and/or demanding applications. Our primary cells provide outstanding energy density and power output over a wide range of conditions; made possible by the use of innovative designs and advanced cell chemistry.
This is a full-time Co-Op Position and we are looking for qualified students with CAD/Solidworks experience, problem solving, critical thinking skills and Engineering aptitude.
Co-Op duration: 4 Months
Students are expected to adhere to a regular 40 hour work week schedule.
Pay rate for this position is $20 per hour.
Job Location: Raynham MA.
Academic disciplines that we are interested in are:
Industrial, Mechanical, and Manufacturing engineering.
Job duties for this assignment include but are not limited to:
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in evaluating and implementing new products and processes into production scale manufacturing.
- Assist engineering team in deploying Integer Production System elements through documentation and procedure updates.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in identifying and improving production processes to reduce risk and cost.
- Collect process time studies to perform line balancing and process optimization.
- Participate in executing improvement tasks and follow‐ups for lean manufacturing and Kaizen events
- Write work instructions for equipment operation and product assembly.
- Update existing instructions to reflect quality, safety and inspection steps.
- Design and draft tooling and fixtures to aid in manufacturing processes.
- Perform testing, collect data, and complete analysis for equipment and process validations.
- Build and evaluate prototype product.
The Co-Op is on a path to learn all aspects of Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering within a manufacturing plant. The Co-Op will be an integral part of the Engineering team and will be led and supervised by experienced engineers. It will be our intent and purpose to provide the individual with real world experience, which includes assisting in the progression of a product from concept stage to production, as well as process optimization. This position will focus on exposing an aspiring engineer to the total product evolution process, including a first-hand, practical exposure to the manufacturing floor. Our goal is to provide an experience that will be an important, effective first step in the career of a future engineer.
Interested candidates should apply through their college or university’s career office.
Visit our website @ www.electrochemsolutions.com for more information about our technologies and products. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans
This facility operates under U.S. export control regulations (e.g., the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)). Therefore, in order to comply with these regulations, all persons must demonstrate with verifiable documentation that he/she is a U.S. Person, either: (i) a U.S. Citizen; (ii) an active Green Card Holder; or (iii) a “Protected Person” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324(b)(a)(3). Otherwise, if you are a Foreign Person, an export license may be required prior to your start date.