Location: West Wareham, MA
Position: Full Time
Experience: 0-3 Years
For more than 50 years, EdgeTech has been the industry leader in the design and manufacture of advanced underwater sonar systems for applications involving seabed survey, target detection, object identification, mooring instrumentation, and acoustic tracking/positioning. Our products are used to support a variety of customers, from offshore oil and gas, to fisheries/science/underwater research, defense, and police/fire search and rescue.
• Responsibilities include the full range of design-to-production tasks, designing/implementing product enhancements, customer field support, and equipment installation/operation.
• Create and support documentation for standard products such as schematics, factory acceptance tests, manuals and software revisions.
• Interface with the engineering group on engineering change orders, new product transfers, bill of material structure and entry
• Requires self-motivated individual to work as a key member in a small group developing state-of-the-art acoustic instrumentation for the offshore market
• Problem solving
• Attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in a cross-functional team.
• Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident
• Occasional field support of deployed systems is likely and a willingness to travel for short periods is required.
EdgeTech is an equal opportunity employer.
• 0-3 years relevant experience
• Design experience with programmable devices and associated hardware/software, as well as digital and analog circuitry is required.
• Hands-on experience with instrumentation design helpful, but not necessary
• DSP (Digital Signal Processing) knowledge desired
• Previous experience in the Marine industry or sonar field is a plus.