The Network Team Co-Op will be involved in the operational support the data networks. The ideal candidate will not only possess the requirements listed below but will also be energetic, flexible, and committed to excellence. S/he must be self-driven but also work well within a team environment. A strong work ethic and desire to learn is also required.
· Manage the trouble ticket queue for all network related incident tickets from end users, including break/fix tickets, ‘how-to’ questions/end user training and helping other IT teams who interface with ours. Tickets requiring more advanced knowledge should be escalated to the appropriate senior engineer.
· Configure a network lab to learn and gain hands on experience with routing and switching technologies, including technical features such as spanning tree, VLANs, dynamic and static routing.
· Assist or manage and execute special projects under guidance and direction of senior engineers.
· Assist with installation and maintenance of routers and switches in various network configurations supporting VLANs, QOS, VoIP, and advanced access control.
· Manage IP Addresses and DNS records through the Infoblox Grid system.
· Write technical documentation for end users and team members and publish to internal web sites as needed. Manage the content and appearance of the team’s internal website.
· Assist in managing the day-to-day operations of network monitoring systems.
· Assist other teams within the IT Infrastructure department if time allows, which could include server, email, security and PC technologies.
· Attend IT and business related training courses provided by the company, including ITIL Certification, Mutual Fund Industry Overview Training.
Co-op/Internship Program Description:
Along with providing a meaningful learning opportunity to students through their internships, Eaton Vance offers interns the opportunity to network and become immersed in our culture through our Lunch and Learn Series and Community Outreach.
Our Lunch and Learn series provides interns the opportunity to listen to presentations led by seasoned professionals in different areas of the firm, who share their insights and expertise. The Lunch and Learns are an excellent opportunity for interns to engage with leaders outside of their department and explore different topics related to the investment management industry.
Eaton Vance is deeply committed to serving our community. Interns will see this commitment first hand by participating in two community service events in the Boston area throughout their time here.
Commitment to Diversity:
At Eaton Vance, we work hard to provide the resources, benefits, and support that will attract engaged and talented employees. Our goal is to nurture a workplace of caring individuals who embrace new challenges instilled with the firm’s values of integrity, teamwork, creativity/adaptability, professionalism, client focus, and excellence.