The intern will assist Messaging, Virtualization, Linux and Storage teams with various operational, engineering and documentation tasks. Participation in current as well as upcoming new technologies initiatives being evaluated by Eaton Vance. Including but not limited to virtualization, servers, enterprise storage and backup.
Ability to communicate clearly with excellent oral and written communication skills is a must. Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Excellent work ethic, and desire to learn.
· Assist with support of the Eaton Vance messaging environment working with CISCO Ironport security solution, as well as Microsoft Exchange system for 1600 users. Training will be available to candidate.
· Assist with various tasks around EV’s enterprise backup infrastructure, including but not limited to backup job monitoring, restart failed jobs, documentation, reconciliation of records, basic tape operations. Training will be available to candidate.
· Assist with server lifecycle management, monitoring, asset inventory and related verification of systems.
· Assist Senior System Engineers with various IT datacenter tasks, including racking servers, network cable management, documentation, basic troubleshooting.
· Assist Senior System Engineers with developing enhancement to different virtualization technologies currently deployed at Eaton Vance.
· Document and diagram components of the Messaging environment using Microsoft Visio and Excel and place on departmental SharePoint website.
· Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
Co-op/Internship Program Description:
Along with providing a meaningful learning opportunity to students through their internships, Eaton Vance offers interns the opportunity to network and become immersed in our culture through our Lunch and Learn Series and Community Outreach.
Our Lunch and Learn series provides interns the opportunity to listen to presentations led by seasoned professionals in different areas of the firm, who share their insights and expertise. The Lunch and Learns are an excellent opportunity for interns to engage with leaders outside of their department and explore different topics related to the investment management industry.
Eaton Vance is deeply committed to serving our community. Interns will see this commitment first hand by participating in two community service events in the Boston area throughout their time here.
Commitment to Diversity:
At Eaton Vance, we work hard to provide the resources, benefits, and support that will attract engaged and talented employees. Our goal is to nurture a workplace of caring individuals who embrace new challenges instilled with the firm’s values of integrity,