Eaton Pool is a leader in the construction, installation, and service of in-ground swimming pools and spas. Easton Pool is credited as the #1 pool builders in New England. Take the opportunity to start your career early learning skills and knowledge that will set you on the right path of your career.
The Construction Management Co-op student will be tasked with assisting experienced project managers and on-site crew with the daily responsibilities and logistics as well as assisting the team with obtaining permits and adhering to regulatory compliance guidelines.
Internship Objectives / Summary:
Easton Pool is seeking and energetic, responsible Co-op student to join our growing organization. In the construction management position, you will be expected to learn the ins and outs of the daily routines and procedures. In addition to focusing on learning how the organization operates and manages within industry standards.
· Shadow multiple seasoned Construction Managers
· Learn how to apply and obtain permits
· Become familiar with general building codes and life safety requirements
· Learn how to effectively coordinate construction activities
· Obtain a solid understanding of construction process and methods
· Assist with permits and regulatory requirements
· Assist with developing and managing project schedule to met or exceed quality standards
· Job site communication and safety. Complying and practice OSHA safety requirements
· Deliver the project on time and on budget
· Assist with managing and coordinating all necessary project resources and documentation throughout the entire project life cycle.
· Attend construction coordination, operation review and other project and staff meetings
· Strong verbal and written skills
· Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Responsibilities:
· Must be actively enrolled in an accredited university/college program
· Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
· Must be able to work on a construction job sites in all types of weather
· Must be willing to travel to multiple on-site locations