Electrical Engineering Co-op
The Electrical Engineering Co-op will be work closely with the Electrical Engineering Discipline at DPS in the effort to provide our clients with electrical engineering designs for a variety of life-science projects.
DPS is a global consulting, engineering and construction management company, serving high-tech industries around the world. We have industry experts in key locations in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and the US, bringing world-class resources and the latest innovative technologies to every project. In New England, DPS primary focus is on Architecture, Engineering, Construction, and Validation related to designing and building of life-science manufacturing facilities. The Electrical Engineering Discipline works closely with our clients to define their equipment needs, capture the key elements in design documents like single-line diagrams, and developing equipment specifications and 3D diagrams for the procurement and construction phases of the project.
The Electrical Engineering Co-op will be delegated tasks of increasing responsibility. Early tasks may have some administrative or training basis, but all will help the Co-op to understand the process by which a clients goals are realized into a final design that is constructible and functional. This Co-op assignment will also utilize a rotation of learning in the other disciplines of the design phase (Architecture, Process, Mechanical, Plumbing/Fire-protection, Instrument & Controls, Quality) as well as the Project Management, Construction, and Commissioning/Qualification/Validation (CQV) departments.
KEY COMPETENCIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· The chosen candidate must have an interest in the technical aspects of the pharmaceutical / biotech / novel therapeutics manufacturing process.
· Self-motivated individual who has a thirst for learning
· Basic knowledge of engineering systems
· Ability to incorporate direction from others into building models
· Candidate for Electrical Engineering B.S. with at least one previous Co-op assignment
· Preferred Co-op experience in the Life Sciences or design-build industries
· Revit, AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Bluebeam
· Written and verbal communication
· Working with others; team player
· Willingness to learn
· Follow direction
Must be present during normal business hours (8:00am – 5:00pm, M-F) in the office in Framingham.