The Boston, MA office of Dewberry is seeking an Entry Level Structural Engineer who is interested in starting their career in the structural engineering field with a focus on wireless facility design, building design, and bridge/tunnel inspection. Our growing, fast-paced structural engineering department seeks a client focused, highly motivated, organized, and outgoing engineer.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Job entails conducting site visits around New England, preparing wireless facility designs with the team, coordinating all design aspects with other departments, tracking the progress of projects, and construction control and inspection.
- Additional responsibilities can include shop drawing review, bridge/tunnel inspection team member, inspection report assembly, and building modification designs.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- BS in Civil Engineering is Required
- 0-2 years of experience in Structural Engineering
- F.E. preferred
- Ability to perform field inspections
- Preference for knowledge of STAAD, MathCad, Tedds, RISA, or similar analysis programs.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office are required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.