We are looking for a Project Designer with a passion for architecture and design to be part of our team based in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. This position will be responsible for supporting Project Managers and Architects on all project types and complexities. This role is responsible for project management of small to medium projects and will report to Project Managers and/or Architects.
• Develops planning and creative-design concepts for Commercial and Residential Projects.
• Contributes towards a culture of teamwork and high character.
• Works independently on architectural design projects and often coordinates project design efforts.
• Able to assist in developing construction documents with respect to the design concept
• Able to prioritize and understand the order of importance of tasks with no instruction
• Able to incorporate the work done by consultants, assists in coordination and provide consultants with documentation.
• Able to develop detailed plans, sections, elevations, door schedules, wall sections, and miscellaneous details as required for a complete set of Construction Documents.
• Able to evaluate and research code issues in production of Construction Documents.
• Evaluates, selects and applies architectural techniques/procedures and criteria using judgment in making adaptations/modifications; information is cross checked prior to being sent out.
• Learns and adheres to established company standards for work quality and conduct.
• Promotes company mission, vision and values.
• Prepares presentation and design drawing details.
• Requires substantial experience in developing details, providing planning and design support in preparation of Design Development.
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture.
• Between 5-8 years of experience in the field.
• Working towards becoming a Registered Architect.
• Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Capable of working with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent teamwork skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and results oriented.
• Strong Revit skills (2+ years), Microsoft skills and Adobe Creative Suite skills.