Duration: September – December 2020 (Start and end dates are flexible)
Compensation: School Credit, Membership
Position Duties & Description:
Design Museum Everywhere is seeking an Exhibition Design Intern to assist us in designing and producing our exhibitions. Design Museum is a nomadic museum, meaning we don’t have a single physical location — we put exhibitions in places where people already go – places like city hall, the mall, the airport, public parks, and online. Our exhibitions need to be clear, educational, and fun for our audience. The Exhibition Design Intern will tackle challenges at multiple levels that are specific to Design Museum’s unique approach to delivering educational content. With COVID-19, we aren’t sure what the future of our big exhibitions looks like, but we’re working on a variety of small exhibitions, online exhibitions, and research for the future.
The Intern will:
- Develop concepts and graphic assets for upcoming exhibitions
- Assist in developing concepts and unifying the brand direction of the organization as it readies to launch new programs
- Assist in the creation of graphic assets for existing Design Museum programs as needed
- Work on 3D projects including models, exhibition layouts, and more!
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a self-starter, able to pick up parts of a project and contribute
- Is a collaborator, able to fit into a team and boost its effectiveness
- Is adaptable, able to pivot and move forward with new constraints
- Is a planner, able to anticipate needs and put detailed plans in place for the future
- Can identify our graphic language and implement it quickly
- Has STRONG 2D and 3D skills
- Has their own computer
Knowledge of the following tools/processes required:
- Expertise with Adobe CreativeSuite (in particular Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Pages, Keynote, Word, and Excel
Must be available at least 20 hours per week during Monday – Friday, to work remotely with a Boston based team. Due to COVID-19, we are planning our internships as remote positions.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and any relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.