Note: This co-op is for 6-months. While it is no guarantee, J&J has worked with WIT schedules in the past, specifically a PT commitment in June/July into August.
Caring for the world one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
With more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies that employ over 135,000 people work with partners in health care to make a difference in the lives of over a billion people throughout the world.
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We’re disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Research & Development Co-op Overview:
J&J R&D encompasses the development of advanced materials, process improvements, risk management and mechanical testing through the development process across all sectors including Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Consumer and Corporate/Enterprise. We offer a fast-paced cross-functional, technologically advanced, corporate environment, passionate about developing individual engineering and scientific skills. You will have the opportunity to learn about anatomy, disease states, deformities and the surgical procedure/products used to address these conditions.
Life as an R&D Co-op:
The R&D Co-op program provides each student with real-life hands-on experience, coaching and mentoring, networking opportunities, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various schools throughout the country. We plan on hiring 100+ Co-op Students across several functional roles within Research & Development. Each Co-op will be assigned to a single function with a specific project for the 4-month term.
· The typical Co-op term is from June 28, 2021 – January 7, 2022
· Some teams may offer an extended co-op term
· Assignment may be virtual/remote, while other business critical roles will be onsite and may require relocation
· Career mentorship is available with endless networking opportunities within assigned team and beyond
· Assignment area and work-site location will be matched to business needs
· Some roles may offer one-time housing stipend assistance if you are assigned to work onsite
· Housing assistance includes a onetime stipend for students to use at their discretion
· For roles that require you to work on site, transportation is the student’s responsibility
· Full time availability (40 hours per week)
· Pay rate is determined based on the grade level at time of offer. Undergrad Sophomore $21.00/hr, Undergrad Junior $23.00/hr, Undergrad Senior $24.50/hr, pursuing master’s degree $28.50/hr, pursuing PhD $40/hr
· This position is overtime eligible
· Employee may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs, such as medical benefits, sick time and holiday pay, in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans
Available Co-Op Areas Include:
· Biotherapeutics Development
· Drug Development
· Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
· Cell Therapy/Development
· Wound Closure & Repair
· Minimally Invasive Surgery
· Immunology, Oncology, Neuroscience, Toxicology, Vision
· Women’s Health
· Biomaterials, Biostatistics
· Medical Writing
· Scientist- various roles
· Scientific Computing
· Data Analytics, Data Management, Statistics
· Global Regulatory Affairs
· Global Product Development
· Business/ Research Operations
· Quality/Development Engineering
· Biomechanical Testing
· Customer Quality Investigation
· Software Testing, Hardware
· Scientific Computing
Please note that most, but not all, Johnson & Johnson roles are currently virtual due to COVID-19. While locations/facilities have been aligned to our Internships and Co-Ops positions, assignments could be virtual due to the uncertainties of COVID-19.
· High demand: New Jersey (Titusville, Raritan, Somerville, New Brunswick)
· High demand: Pennsylvania (Spring House, Malvern, Fort Washington, West Chester)
· Other locations: Jacksonville, FL, Warsaw, IN, Raynham, MA, Fremont, Irvine, Irwindale, Los Angeles, Milpitas, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Ana, South San Francisco, CA, Colorado Springs, CO, Monument, CO
· Engineering (Mechanical, Biomedical, Industrial, Electrical, Materials, Software, Chemical, etc.)
· Science (Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Neuroscience etc.)
· Data Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics
· Finance, Economics, Business, Marketing
· Information Technology, Computer Science
· Supply Chain, Information Systems, Packaging Sciences
· Pharmacology, PharmD, Psychology, Sociology
· Exercise Science, Food Science, Human Science/Development