Demiurge Studios is looking for talented, budding programmers for paid internships at our Cambridge, MA office! As an engineering intern at Demiurge you’ll work on the front lines, implementing features alongside our designers, artists and engineers, which have a direct impact on our players and other developers. Demiurge development teams are cohesive, highly skilled and well-supported…come join us!
- Implement, test, debug, and maintain source code
- Work closely with artists and designers to understand and define game features and system requirements
- Deliver high quality, functional systems on time and to specification
- Think creatively and work proactively to solve any blocking issues for yourself and your teammates
- Track your development progress and keep production management well-informed
- Make educated trade-offs among scope, quality and pace
- Working toward a BS or higher degree in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Has an interest in good software engineering practices and maintaining code quality
- Self motivated and able to achieve development goals with some supervision
- A passion for video games!
Preference to Applicants With
- Previous professional or hobby game development experience
- Experience developing games with the Unreal and/or Unity Game Engines
- C++ programming experience
- C# programming experience
- Python experience
- A background in 3D math, trigonometry and linear algebra
- Database development experience with SQL
- Previous experience developing HTTP APIs for a web service
Creating games is our passion. Founded in 2002, we bring years of expertise to our projects. Our developers build fun, accessible mobile games like our recent hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. Based in Cambridge, MA, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.