Reporting to the Deputy Director for Operations, the Coordinator of Information Technology and Audio Visual Systems is responsible for the maintenance, protection, growth, and thoughtful application of deCordova’s information and technology assets.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
· Provides day-to-day support and oversight of deCordova’s network infrastructure, systems, processes and assets including network server administration as well as back up, storage and security administration.
· In conjunction with the Deputy Director for Operations (DDO), develops short and long term technology strategy that supports the museum’s mission and strategic plan, and prepares and monitors technology budget.
· Works with contract technical support firm (DEG) and other outside vendors to maintain existing systems.
· Evaluates and recommends new systems and equipment, leveraging digital assets to expand and improve deCordova’s programs, services, and communications. Implements approved recommendations.
· Provides technical oversight of deCordova’s web site and mobile presence. Implements new functionality as needed
· Provides onboarding support with set up of network credentials, database access and off boarding management of systems and network security.
· Supports the integration and effective utilization of deCordova’s various information capture systems, including but not limited to those related to development/ membership, collections, commerce, and administration and finance.
· Ensures the required hardware, software, network services and capital investments for this area are both cost effective and sufficient to meet the needs of the organization.
· Reviews and updates existing IT and EC policies and practices; researches and implements appropriate IT standards and best practices.
· Provides necessary systems documentation, training, and procedures.
· Provides support and training on institutional audio/visual systems.
This position requires being available to provide technical support and troubleshooting outside of regular operating hours as needed.
Qualifications include a degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 1 year of experience in an independent technical support role including network management, telecommunications and audio visual responsibilities. Must be knowledgeable about current and emerging technology issues and trends. Candidates must have excellent project management, organizational and customer service skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide range of people. Candidates must also have the ability to collaborate successfully with both outside vendors and internal staff to achieve IT and EC goals. Experience with Raiser's Edge, TAM, Mimsy, and MS Dynamics a plus.