Focus on operational excellence, quality, and process improvement. The COOP will work as part of the Engineering team and support current activities. The position is intended for an active college student typically for a 3 to 6 month time frame (30-40 hrs/week).
Essential Job Functions:
1. Follow all safety procedures and always work in a safe manner.
2. Support development and deployment of Excellence program.
3. Learn and apply Lean and Six Sigma tools as required
(ex: DMAIC, VSM, 5s, JIT, SMED, JIT, TPM, DOE, etc)
4. Assist the Quality Manager with all aspects of ISO Compliance within the company, this may include:
– Review nonconforming material
– Corrective actions
– Root cause analysis
– Data collection and analysis
5. Support new products pilot builds.
6. Assist with preventative maintenance and process control
7. Develop and maintain General Workmanship Standards, Standard Equipment Operating Procedures, etc
8. Assist manufacturing operations with process improvements:
– Installation of new equipment
– Troubleshooting problems
– Workstation and Fixture improvements
– Root cause analysis
– Create and train employees to procedures and standard work
Work under minimal supervision. Act as lead on some projects and guide others as needed.
Equipment to be used:
Computer, hand tools, factory equipment, general office machines, etc.
Sitting, walking, standing, bending and reaching. Lifting occasionally limited to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate equipment. Normal range of vision and hearing.
Ability to understand many variables and choose the most effective based on established company policies and procedures. Handle diverse issues almost daily. Conflict resolution. Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, strong attention span, ability to listen and perceive underlying problems and recommend solutions.
Rare overtime or odd hours. 30% office environment. 70% on the shop floor.
Enrolled in program for a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering
The ideal candidate has a positive attitude and approach to with working at all levels within the organization. The candidate must also have excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidate must be proficient in MS Office programs such as Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.