As co-op with our Special Instrument Engineering group, you will be part of a small team researching, designing, and developing implants and instruments for Corin’s hip and knee replacement systems.
· Create a Smartsheet for the field to request special instruments or implants by combining Australian and US versions of the existing Smartsheets
· Create a digital catalog of the existing special instruments
· Initiate changes to established product as necessary to address manufacturability or other required design changes in accordance with design control procedures
· Interact with the Marketing and Sales teams as well as customers to determine design requirements for special request instruments
· Generate prototypes of special request instruments or implants to show customers, to confirm design inputs have been met; repeat as necessary until design approval is completed
· Finalize design, CAD drafting, product testing, and product specifications for special request instruments or implants in accordance with design control procedures
· Coordinate creation and review of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) as well as other required risk management documents for new special requested devices.