Clio Designs Inc.
Industrial Design Intern
Newton, MA USA
Years of Experience
Current Student in Bachelor’s level program or recent graduate looking to gain experience
About the Company
Clio is a design-forward consumer products company dedicated to fusing style, quality and performance at affordable prices. Established in Boston, MA in 2002, the company designs, manufactures and markets personal-care products sold under the Clio® brand and various other private-label / OEM brands in over 30 countries worldwide.
Visit cliocorporate.com to learn more.
About the Job
Clio is seeking a co-op to serve as Industrial Design Intern. This individual will work in a fast-paced team setting revolving around the design, development, manufacturing, and sale of new and existing personal care products. The Industrial Design Intern is responsible for assisting with the execution of a broad range of tasks in a time-sensitive and efficient manner. As part of a cross-functional team, the Industrial Design Intern will interact directly with engineering, sales, design, and marketing in an effort to move products from idea conception to realization on the retail shelf. This position is suited for a proactive, self-starter who is comfortable taking on a variety of responsibilities and learning new skills quickly. This is a paid internship, 32-40 hours per week.
- Support the Lead Industrial Designer with day-to-day tasks and responsibilities
- Serve as a contributing and collaborative member of the product development team
- Assist in product innovation and brainstorming new product ideas
- Design new products through sketching and 3D CAD
- Generate renders of products, packaging, and store displays
- Engage in structural packaging design
- Oversee 3D printing
- Participate in Quality Control and Quality Assurance programs to reduce defectives and improve performance
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s level design program (industrial design, product design) or recent grad.
- Experience with design software: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Keyshot and 3D CAD. Solidworks preferred, other CAD programs acceptable.
- Understanding of 3D printing and rapid prototyping
- Knowledge of or interest in retail and merchandising a plus
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities (ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously)
- Ability to understand and interpret technical and often complex material
- Ability to maintain focus in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description
Please email your resume and design portfolio (or a link to an online portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply. Local candidates only please (no relocation is provided). No recruiters, agencies or 3rd parties please. Clio Designs is an equal opportunity employer.