Office Location: 2 Garden Street, Arlington, MA 02474
Primary Job Location: Field Office in Boston Suburbs: Lexington, Devens, Cambridge, Waltham. You will need a car.
Work Hours: Standard work hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
BW Kennedy & Co. is seeking students for co-op positions in support of our field construction operations. Projects may consist of new construction, tenant fitout, or renovations to existing facilities. This is an excellent opportunity to develop literacy in building codes, construction and technical language, construction materials, construction schedules and construction methodologies and standards. You will support the Project Superintendent and field team on the job site with tasks such as the following:
- Monitor job sites
- Validate progression of schedule
- Coordinate on-site inspections
- Coordinate “punch outs”
- Coordinate and monitor the work of subcontractors
- Monitor job progress, checking all work to ensure compliance with contract documents and the Quality Assurance/Quality Control program.
- Ensure Safety awareness and compliance
- Assist in carrying out a variety of basic field duties at the job site related to general construction