From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
Creativity, analysis, ingenuity and a touch of technical genius combine to deliver exciting, efficient structures that go beyond expectations.
The reputation of our structural engineers with architects, contractors and specialists means we can deliver outstanding design solutions and outstanding value. Projects include the recently completed 80,000 seat Mercedes Benz Stadium for the Atlanta Falcons NFL team, the new 33 story headquarter building for PNC Bank in Pittsburgh and the new 500,000 ft2 Science and Engineering Complex for Harvard University. These award-winning projects are typical of the engineering challenges solved and delivered at Buro Happold, by collaborative and creative multidisciplinary teams. Come join one of the top structural engineering teams in the US, working alongside innovative and award-winning colleagues on high profile projects.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched. This role offers you the opportunity to:
- Contribute to progression and delivery of structural engineering projects
- Undertake structural engineering design and calculations
- Report findings and outcomes to other project team members
- Participate in project meetings
- Assist in documentation of structural engineering designs
- Participate in the input of geometry and data into Revit models
- Create computational solutions to complex engineering problems via visual programming and coding
- Ensure senior staff are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the company and the client are achieved
- We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation.
In return we ask you to bring the following:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Structures
- Coursework in structural analysis, advanced steel design, advanced reinforced concrete design, and/or earthquake engineering
- Revit, 3D modelling skills (Rhino, SketchUp, etc)
- Interest and/or experience in visual programming (Dynamo, Grasshopper), coding (Python, C#), and/or open source coding projects
- Internship or co-op experience at engineering related firm preferred, and proven interest in the built environment
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team