From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
Why shouldn’t a project use high performance, low energy building systems?
As a Building Services (MEP) engineer you will collaborate and work the architects, and other engineers, to develop creative, energy efficient buildings that provide both aesthetic to its physical surrounding and utility to its occupants. We at Buro Happold work as part of a global team, balance client’s aspirations with engineering constraints, to design high performance, low energy building systems. We use advanced modelling techniques to analyze the building envelope and its floor layouts. Our innovatively designed systems are then integrated into the building fabric, to create functional internal spaces and balanced, controllable conditions.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched. This role offers you the opportunity to:
- Embrace the latest technologies to improve performance and sustainability. Sustainable design is top of our corporate agenda
- Undertake detailed design across plumbing and fire protection, ground sanitary/waste and rainwater drainage systems, below ground drainage, domestic hot and cold water services, rainwater harvesting systems, black and grey water systems, and gas systems
- Ensure service and project work are carried out to an excellent standard
- Prepare technical specifications and schedules, design development reports and innovative design solutions
- Participate in the input of geometry and data into Revit models
- Create computational solutions to complex engineering problems via visual programming and coding
In return we ask you to bring the following:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Civil, Sanitary, Environmental or Architectural Engineering
- Coursework in HVAC design, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and/or fluid hydraulics/dynamics
- Familiarity with BIM modelling software, such as Revit
- Interest and/or experience in visual programming (Dynamo, Grasshopper), coding (Python, C#), and/or open source coding projects
- Internship or co-op experience at engineering related firm preferred, and proven interest in the built environment
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team