Buro Happold has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer to join our inclusive and welcoming team.
As a Graduate Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer, you will collaborate with architects and other engineers to develop creative, energy-efficient buildings that provide aesthetic to their physical surroundings and utility to their occupants.
In your first few weeks in this graduate plumbing and fire protection role, you can expect to:
- Embrace the latest technologies to improve performance and sustainability
- Undertake detailed design across plumbing and fire protection, ground sanitary/waste and rainwater drainage systems, below-ground drainage, etc.
- Ensure service and project work are carried out to an excellent standard within agreed deadlines and budget
To apply for this Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer role, you will need a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical, civil, sanitary, environmental, or architectural engineering. You will also require coursework in mechanical design, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and fluid hydraulics/dynamics. We are also looking for:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Civil, Sanitary, Environmental or Architectural Engineering
- Coursework in mechanical/HVAC design, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and/or fluid hydraulics/dynamics
- Familiarity with BIM modelling software, such as Revit
- Knowledge of IES software would be advantageous
- Interest and/or experience in visual programming (Dynamo, Grasshopper), coding (Python, C#), and/or open source coding projects
- Internship experience at engineering related firm preferred, and proven interest in the built environment
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Please apply with Buro Happold today if this full-time Graduate Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer job sounds right for you.