General Summary/Overview Statement
As a co-op Engineering student at BWH, student to obtain valuable hands-on experience within the Engineering Services Department. Observe all aspects of facility and facility systems, including: Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Maintenance. Perform associated duties relating to these systems, their functions and necessary documentation
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for updating and maintaining all drawings, O&M Manuals and documentation.
2. Responsible for learning and performing maintenance activities for various pieces of Engineering equipment.
3. Responsible for working for all Engineering Supervisors upon request.
4. Work alongside various department staff and also alone on assigned tasks.
5. All other duties as assigned.
Must be able to communicate and write effectively.
Ability to independently follow verbal and written instructions.
Must be currently enrolled in an Engineering degree Program.
Should have an interest in facilities maintenance and operations in a health care setting.
Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Ability to categorized and intelligently organize different types of documents.
2. CAD skills required for updating system documentation
3. Requires occasional lifting of heavy objects, and a significant amount of walking.
Work includes exposure to mechanical and machine spaces with some elevated temperatures, noise dirt and fumes (up to 30% of the time.)