The Boston Standard Installation Department Coordinator Assistant & Administrator is responsible for assisting in the installation department helping to coordinate the replacement of residential heating and cooling systems. The position will be helping with the permitting process for our different trades work associated with each job, as necessary, as well as any administrative and tracking duties to ensure that the department is efficient and functioning well in the day to day. This position is also responsible for learning the heating and cooling professions by participating in on-the-job training, attending trainings, and following the coaching and teaching of the Installation Manager and Install coordinator. This position is typically periodic, or seasonal by nature and is intended to help direct career paths and allow for industry exposure for future working relationships.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides basic administrative support services for customers and internal teams at the direction of the Install Manager.
2. Develops basic knowledge of heating and cooling principles through on the job learning, trainings and reading of educational materials during downtimes at the office.
3. Develops basic knowledge of system replacement methods, coordination efforts, and subcontractor needs.
4. Develops skills to perform planning and logistic techniques to assist in the coordination efforts of our install teams.
5. Responds to all forms of communications, including voicemails and emails, by the end of business the same day received.
6. Assists Install coordinator in making phone calls, sending emails, contacting customers, etc.
7. Attends group meetings and training, as needed. Participates in monthly and special company meetings, as appropriate.
8. Uses good judgment and self-control in areas wherein the company entrusts him to maintain company and customer confidentiality.
9. Develops understanding and efficiency in filing permits with the authorities having jurisdiction.
10. Sets an example in being punctual and dependable. Reports to work promptly.
11. Perform other duties as assigned. This may include performing duties that are outside of the scope of normal job duties.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to take direction and engage in continuous learning.
2. Demonstrated excellent communication conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member and pitch in as needed.