Primary Purpose of Position:
Perform support and project responsibilities on both the Technical Support and Infrastructure Services teams in the Information Systems (IS) Department.
End User Support
• Respond to requests for assistance in person or via remote support tools. Document and escalate problems and requests as appropriate.
• Diagnose hardware problems. Perform and/or coordinate the repair of hardware.
• Install new laptops, desktops, printers, personal device assistants and other peripherals. Maintain and enforce hardware policies and standards.
• Support the use of operating systems and software applications including, but not limited to, Windows 7, Office 2010 VMWare Horizon View and Adobe applications.
• Validate and update the configuration of computers, copiers, printers and phones
• Conduct one-on-one instruction on the use of hardware and software.
Infrastructure Support: Server/Network
• Support Active Directory including, but not limited to, documentation, and troubleshooting.
• Work on project tasks related to updates, upgrades and installations.
Mobile Device Deployment/Support
• Support the provisioning and rollout of new mobile devices.
• Conduct one-on-one instruction.
• Create and maintain documentation.
• Conduct research on new technologies and products.
Dedicated Project Work
• Every Intern is assigned an impactful project(s).
• ~30% of time is associated with project work.
• Scope of project(s) change, but the impact will enhance IS Department at Boston Properties.