Are you passionate about creating and implementing solutions for a better world? Do you enjoy juggling lots of moving pieces? Are you energized by taking an idea and driving it through to execution? Do you have an entrepreneurial drive to create exceptional solutions for your customers? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Well-B is seeking an Innovation Design Intern to help drive the discovery, prototyping, and delivery of human-centered healthcare experiences that exceed our member’s expectations.
At Well-B, the Innovation team powered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, we look for people who are curious, eager learners, comfortable with ambiguity, and able to work equally well independently and as part of a fast-paced team. The Innovation Designer is a critical role at Well-B which will advance our overall goals to make health care better for all.
This person will join our Innovation team to help design new solutions in health and drive them through execution. Key responsibilities/attributes include:
- An empathic approach. Continuously advocate for members. Embraces a human-centered design approach in solving user needs with deep member empathy.
- A artisan. You dream about elegant design every day. You can’t stop yourself from critiquing everything, everywhere, all the time and wishing you had the time to redesign it all. You are proficient using tools like Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, Mural, and InVision, and can efficiently use your skillset to develop new designs within existing and new visual systems and design languages.
- A systems thinker. As you translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems, you’re not just thinking about the task at hand but about how your design choices scale and fit within larger established systems and patterns.
- Passionate. You are genuinely interested in designing beautiful experiences that impact people’s lives. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are designing for and make design decisions based on their needs. You are also active within the design community, staying up-to-date on the latest design trends and techniques.
- Collaborative with low-ego. You enjoy working on agile teams with other designers, product managers and engineers. You’re a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You will collaborate with product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts. You display a positive attitude and are excited to share your ideas with the team as well as listen to those of others.
- Have a can-do attitude. You’re a proactive team player who is eager and excited about producing awesome work. No task is too small or large for you. You are able to work alone or with partners to problem solve and develop clear action and execution plans for a task, informing your manager of progress appropriately.
- A storyteller. Love for branding and story-telling. You’re able to develop clear and persuasive stories about your work that you share with a wide range of audiences, including business partners and stakeholders. You’re able to present research findings and design concepts to designers and product partners.
- Detail-oriented. You impress your teammates with the ability to pick out small nuances that no one else seems to notice. You’re proud that your production files are always pixel perfect and you’ve thought through every permutation of your designs, making the development process smooth sailing.
- Flexible. You know that projects can adjust at the drop of a hat, you are adaptable and welcome change.
- Balanced. You have an excellent work ethic and a good work/life balance.
- Actively pursuing a BA/BS/BFA degree with a focus in product, experience and/or design
- Experience with rapid prototyping, visual design, and design research
- Working knowledge of tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, Mural and Axure
- Ability to learn new prototyping tools easily
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud with a focus on Adobe XD
- Flexibility and aptitude to thrive in an Agile environment
- Clean visual design aesthetic with attention to detail
- Experience using human-centered design/design-thinking, lean start-up, agile and/or other innovative science processes and mindsets to drive results
- Relentless curiosity and openness to learning new skills, systems, and processes.
- Eagerness to generate new ideas to improve consumer experiences, and ability to apply a fresh perspective to existing processes
- Good listener and weighs input from multiple perspectives when forming opinions and recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and make presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to accept feedback and work in a professional manner
- Capacity to handle many tasks concurrently and work under deadlines
- Highly motivated with excellent follow-through, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
Attractions of the Job:
- Fun people/team working collaboratively
- Professional/personal growth and development opportunities
- Opportunity to shape and participate in events with the local/national/global innovation and healthcare communities
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, and the Well-B Team, are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.