This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing technology companies in the automation and controls industry, Beckhoff Automation. The Automation Engineering Internship provides on-site engineering support to a wide variety of customers implementing Beckhoff Automation products. These talented individuals have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art controls in the design and programming of machines, such as automation software, industrial PCs, I/O, motors, robots, safety, and visualization interfaces. This position allows for many learning opportunities from visiting customer sites and learning the sales process, to completing an automation-based team project to be presented to senior management.
- Exposure to the sales process of both Sales Engineers and Application Engineers as they work with customers to troubleshoot and analyze their needs
- Networking opportunities through customer visits, travel, and company events
- Exposure to the application side of Beckhoff Automation with skilled Application Engineers
- Gain hands on experience with products, customer visits, and troubleshooting for customers
- Extensive learning opportunities through online training, hands on training, and exposure to our Training team
- Develop an understanding of new automation technology that is changing the global market
- Collaborate with teammates and other intern groups to create a project using a multitude of different Beckhoff products
At the end of the internship, you will have the opportunity to present what you have learned to your peers and senior managers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- have or pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Business, Engineering or related technical field from a four-year college or technical school
- an understanding of automation hardware and software
- self-starter with a result driven personality
- strong analytical and reasoning skills
- ability to work in a high stress environment while maintaining professionalism
- excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to customers and/or departmental meetings
- exciting tasks in an international environment at the technology leader in automation
- all advantages of an owner-managed family company
- an open and family-oriented corporate culture
- freedom for personal expansion and professional development