We are a Division 10 specialties subcontractor in Boston looking to expand our estimating department. We are looking for an entry level estimator who can complete and prepare quantity take-offs for a wide range of architectural finish products in the specialties field. You will be responsible for the timely completion of all estimates and client required documents, often on tight deadlines. This is a teachable position – construction experience not necessary – but will be helpful. The type of candidate we are looking for needs to possess the following skills:
Estimators are responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensure that everything is taken off per plans and specification in order to successfully win the project. They are also responsible to maintain the schedule and complete the takeoffs in time to be able to price the scope and send the bid out by the requested bid date. Estimators also work with the Project Management teams and Estimating Manager to follow-up on outstanding pricing or clarifications. This is an Entry Level position with growth opportunities.
This position’s responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Review bid documents and drawings thoroughly as well as understand the scope of work.
• Has a thorough understanding of the specific scopes that applies to our line of work (Division 10, 11 and 12).
• Performs a comprehensive analysis of the time required to complete the take off.
• Develops RFI’s and clarifications and ensure adequate coverage for the scope we are bidding.
• Understands how to do takeoff/select material to the size/scope of the project.
• Review scope letters to make sure we have covered everything per the required scope.
• Include value-engineering ideas on every bid.
• Review all the RFI and addendum issued after the original drawing.
The candidate reports directly to the Estimating Manager and will be working with Project Managers
and the Owner.