Atlantic Mechanical is an HVAC-R company specializing in the latest technology for our clients’ commercial refrigeration, process and comfort heating/cooling needs.
Due to our tremendous growth, we are currently searching for an experienced Mechanical Assistant Project Manager.
• Work closely with the Install Manager to understand the project’s contract scope and deliverables.
• Walk the site with the Install Manager and discuss overall safety, laydown area and site access.
• Take pictures, showing details of equipment locations, difficult access, etc.
• Solicit quotes for materials and subcontractors as necessary.
• Create and maintain project folders.
• Coordinate certain logistics with the Install team.
• Review pre-bid checklists.
• Review scope of work checklists.
• Gather all drawings, plans, specs, etc.
• Review and understand the components on the schedule of values.
• Organized documentation of all communications and project-related matters.
• Review and understand schedules, noting any long lead items, sequence, etc.
• Participate, plan for kick-off meetings.
• Attend job site meetings as required to support job site foreman and crew and to remain informed of progress and potential issues at all times.
• Schedule major deliveries with foreman, GC and vendors.
• Solicit price and determine need for rigging or crane requirements and obtain permits.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma required
• Proficient with MS Office, especially Excel, with experience in a construction software program a plus
• Previous experience in the HVAC-R field a plus
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read and interpret plans, drawings.
• Ability to build strong working relationships with field staff, customers, building owners, etc.
• Ability to interact with all levels of company.
• Professional communication skills.
• Proven ambition and management skills.
• Dependability, reliability and punctuality; attention to detail, showing pride in work.
• Meet commitments, skillfully gather and analyze information.
• Offer value in every business aspect, realizing how important their role is as well as the company's customer relationships.