AMETEK, Inc. is a $4.7B global diversified manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices.
AMETEK is well positioned in highly competitive market segments, each with compelling growth characteristics. We expect continued business growth through the execution of our four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, New Products, and Global & Market Expansion. Supporting those strategies are 17,000 associates employed across 30 countries.
At AMETEK, we are committed to a corporate culture that values diversity and fosters a work environment that enables colleagues to develop meaningful and rewarding careers. We consider ourselves responsible corporate citizens and are committed to operating our facilities in an environmentally responsible manner. We also are sensitive to the needs of our communities, and, as a company, support programs that help those communities meet their health, education and social needs.
AMETEK is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AME) and a component of the S&P 500
This position will report to two business units: Amptek and Spectro Scientific:
Amptek manufactures state-of-the-art nuclear instrumentation and associated components used for X-ray and gamma ray detection. It offers SDD and Si-PIN X-ray detectors for XRF analysis. CdTe and scintillation-based gamma-ray detectors for XRF analysis and radiation measurement, cutting-edge digital pulse processors, and charge sensitive preamplifiers and front-end electronics for satellite and other instrumentation. Customers include both major and emerging OEM instrumentation manufacturers who produce handheld, portable and benchtop analyzers, government research laboratories and universities, private industry, and numerous space agencies around the world. HS Foils is a provider of radiation detector components, including ultra-thin radiation windows, silicon drift detectors and X-ray filters is a complementary business of Amptek. HS Foils has extensive expertise around Si-PIN and silicon drift detection (SDD) manufacturing.
Spectro Scientific is a global supplier of oil, fuel, and fluid analysis instruments to industry, military and laboratories. The company develops a broad array of fluid analysis instruments for evaluating machine and lubricant condition in the field, in the lab and in highly mobile, handheld applications. The instruments provide critical data about machinery condition and can provide an early warning of equipment failure. Our core businesses are oil and grease analysis, fuel analysis and oil in water analysis for regulatory compliance.
This position reports directly to the IT Infrastructure Lead for Amptek and Spectro Scientific.
Initially primarily remote work with on-site work as needed due to system requirements
The Information Technology Intern will provide direct technical assistance and support to the Amptek and Spectro Scientific staff for network, hardware and software issues in windows environment.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems quickly and effectively to the end user’s satisfaction via IT helpdesk
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software and application software in windows10 systems.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs
- Monitor antivirus software and updates and repair computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses
- Install, test, and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Basic configuration changes to the Windows Desktop during hardware support or upgrade for the end-user. (map printers, adjust screen resolution, wifi etc.)
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment
- Adhere and advise on the AMETEK IT Change Management Process at both locations.
- Maintain open communication and positive working relationship with staff
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned by IT Infrastructure Lead