Amazon Robotics co-op opportunities will be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our state-of-the-art facility in North Reading, MA. The campus provides a unique opportunity for co-ops to have direct access to our robotics manufacturing facility.
The Hardware Mechanical Lab Co-Op will be responsible for:
– Working with one of the mechanical lab technicians who will act as a mentor throughout the Co-Op term.
– Learn about the mechanical lab manufacturing processes and systems.
– Assist with the day to day operation, maintenance and safety.
– Assist with water jetting, deburring, tapping, machining, 3D printing, CAD, CAM and Inspection.
– Work with engineers to ensure mechanical lab projects are completed.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
– Working Towards a Precision Machining Certificate or mechanical-related degree
– Commitment to rigorous testing practices and design process flows
– Desire to work and learn in a fast-paced environment
– Desire to develop deep understanding of rapid prototyping
– Desire to commit and follow through on complex problems
– Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Experience with SolidWorks, CamWorks, insight, or similar systems.
– Experience with Milling, Turning, inspection and machine shop equipment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.