Would you like to work with the most cutting-edge technology?
Would supporting the biggest global network excite you?
Join our 24/7 NOCC
Our Global Performance and Operations team is responsible for managing, monitoring, and maintaining Akamai’s distributed computing platform to achieve the highest possible availability, agility, safety, efficiency, and scalability. We work with groups throughout Akamai to ensure that they have the foundation and support needed to maintain the unparalleled performance of Akamai’s computing platform.
Join our top-rated intern & co-op programs
As a participant in our programs, you will gain valuable experience and make contributions through meaningful project work. You will have the opportunity to join us for trainings, networking events, and engagements with company leadership.
Apply your strategic mindset
As a NOCC Co-op, you will be trained to execute systems and processes to monitor and maintain Akamai’s global network. Working in a collaborative NOCC environment, you will diagnose and solve server issues. You will continually develop your troubleshooting and deployment skills on some of the most complex network technologies in the world.
As a Network Operations Engineer (NOCC) Co-op, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and proactive troubleshooting of Akamai’s 24/7 platform, network traffic, threats and alerts
- Collaborating with internal and external cross-functional teams to resolve platform-affecting issues
- Administering automated software deployments to the distributed platform to maintain and ensure stability and security
- Ensuring platform issues are clearly tracked, updated and documented
- Participating in a day, evening or overnight network operations center shift schedule and following workflow procedures
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be currently studying in a Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Networks, Computer Science, or another related field
- Be able to work the first shift which runs from 8:00am to 4:00pm Eastern Time
- Be returning to school after completion of the co-op
- Demonstrate experience of Linux/Unix system administration and good knowledge of SQL and Scripting languages
- Have excellent communication and written skills to articulate technical information to internal teams and external customers
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
At Akamai, we’re curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you’ll thrive here.
Through our intern and co-op programs we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Financial benefits offered to interns and co-ops, including a 401k and health insurance, are offered through our managed service provider (MSP). Students also gain the following benefits directly from our programs:
- Career development trainings
- Visibility into senior leadership through Fireside Chats
- Networking and social events with an international intern cohort
- Final project showcase presented to the company
- Fun perks including Akamai branded merchandise
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams drive progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to learn and make a real impact in a global technology company? Come join us and learn with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! By the end of your assignment, you will gain a network of encouraging colleagues ready to support you in your studies and beyond.