Provide product engineering capability within the manufacturing services team as the product(s) ramps up. Identify weaknesses in assembly and test processes & equipment, optimize assembly & test processes via fixture and procedure improvements, working with R&D team. Introduce component & assembly revisions via ECO process. Track labor costs for all assembly processes, identify cost reduction opportunities. Identify yield issues and take/suggest corrective actions. Identify and improved production efficiencies and resource utilization. Develop Design of Experiments (DoE) to validate design changes, develop test plans to support regulatory testing.
· Track and improve production assembly process yields
· Assist in upgrade and improvement of production test stations
· Develop test plans to validate design changes, perform reliability studies and to support regulatory testing
· Analyze production yield data and identify potential changes to increase yield and reduce cycle time.
· Communicate assembly & test issues to relevant R&D teams
· Interface with supply management team to correct vendor issues
· Generate ECOs in response to issues identified in manufacturing
· Analyze product cost and identify opportunities for cost reduction via design optimization, fabrication technique & assembly procedures